Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Son Royce, And His Birthday Miracle


He's now all grown up!


When my son Royce, was going to turn ten, I was thinking about what kind of birthday party to give him. During this time he was really interested in any thing Egyptian. So I thought if God has Egypt for my son, like he has Africa for me, then I would honor that and give him an Egyptian Birthday Party.  I found Egyptian invitations, which my son passed to ten of his friends to come and then spend the night.   I came up with some games and planned to serve hot dogs.

This thought came into my head, why don't you make something Egyptian to eat.  I thought about it, but not knowing anything about Egyptian food, ( I did not have a computer at that time) the thought came in, then went out.   

I was a struggling single mom who was getting a box of food from my sons christian school.   The party was going to be on Friday and the box of food came on Thursday.   Do you know what was in that box?  You guessed it, Egyptian food!   We got a box of Egyptian rice, it mentioned the Nile river and how they made rice.  I couldn't believe it!   That was no accident!   The day before an Egyptian Birthday Party there is a box of Egyptian rice.   When we saw that, a couple things touched my heart, one, it was like God gave Royce a special birthday present, and second, that God was honoring me for giving Royce an Egyptian birthday party. and saying that he was involved in it.

The party went great, we had games, fun, and Egyptian rice.  A day we will never forget!    

1 comment:

  1. That's a wonderful story. I love how God cares about every thing. He cared about the Egyptian rice just like he cared about my "hat" lady I was mentioned the other day.

    ReplyDelete

Feel at home and be as transparent as your HEART desires. Be that ray of sunshine in someone's life.