Monday, December 12, 2011

"Playing A Game With Bitterness"

My Dear Friends,
Sorry about the delay on this blog., I hit a writers block, and I'm having trouble with my health, so I have not been feeling up to par.

I'm reading this book called “Biblical Foundations of Freedom,” Destroying Satan's Lies with God's truth. It is by, Art Mathias, I have been learning a lot, and God is using it to bring me into freedom on different issues.

I came across a good point that I would like to share with you today. It is helping me to change my perspective on marriage. Getting it more lined up with Gods perspective.

I have been learning about bitterness. It talks about, spending time with a bitter person, mentioning that when we encounter a person that is bitter, we play a game like tennis with them. We cop an attitude when we are around some-one who is bitter, so because of our own attitude, bitterness flows from our spirit towards them.
So, it ends up, me being bitter towards them, and then, they in turn become bitter towards me. (A tennis game in progress.)

I was thinking about this, and how true that is, especially in marriage. I repented of doing this, and decided instead of picking up a racket of bitterness, I would pick up a racket of love. Every time that he would throw out bitterness, I would hit the ball with love. And I would try to start the game with love and not cop an attitude.

This has actually helped me. I have gotten a more loving attitude towards my husband. And now I keep saying to myself I am going to hit that ball with love. And have actually found myself being able to do that. I guess that God is really changing my heart!

The Bible tells me that love does not fail!   My friend mentioned another verse that is very good,   1 Peter 1:8 ...Love will cover a multitude of sin.

I want to mention one more thing, There are seven things that are related to bitterness. Unforgiveness, resentment, retaliation, anger, hatred, violence, and finally murder. All starting with unforgiveness. Wow, now I know why Jesus made such a big issue with loving, and forgiving. And not even to go to bed angry.  Now, I know where it will lead.

So, I encourage you, and me, to hit that ball of bitterness or any thing else that is not loving, with a racket of love.
 And lets work on not going to bed angry.
Remember Love never fails!
 I'm speaking to my self also.
May God Bless You, my readers.    

1 comment:

  1. Amen to this word and to God's leading you to the book and to scripture. I like this verse too,
    "Above all things have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8 (NKJV)

    ReplyDelete

Feel at home and be as transparent as your HEART desires. Be that ray of sunshine in someone's life.