Thursday, October 27, 2011

"Fun,Nacho Bake"

My Dear Friends,
The other day I talked about veggiegal.com, well here is another healthy fun meal.

Fun, Nacho Bake,

You take a whole bag of BAKED Tositos chips.

crush the chips into small pieces, not dust,

You then take a can of diced tomatoes, MEXICAN Style, put them into the bowl over the chips, then you add TWO cans or jars of Picante sauce, (We used hot, which looses a lot of it's hotness with all the other ingredients.)  We also added a small pinch of fresh cilantro.   And a small can of hot diced green chilies  (4 oz)

you then mix all the sauces into the chips, making sure it all gets moist.

The ingredients call for Mexican style frozen corn, but at this time we only had a small amount of frozen corn, so we put that plus a can of whole kernel corn into the mix. (We drained the can)

We then added a big 290z  can of black beans, drained.

Once everything is mixed and moist, put into a 13 inch casserole  dish  and cover it with cheese, you can use soy cheese. 

but we used shredded mild cheddar and Monterey jack cheese cuz it's cheaper.

Cover the top with cheese and put it into the oven at 350, uncovered.  Cook for about 35-40 minutes.

Voila, enjoy a great healthy fun meal.  (I added a few sun chips on the side) 

5 comments:

  1. It looks delicious! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I read it and I saw the pictures and....
    I LOVE IT!!!! It saounds so yummy,yummy :)
    Nice weekend ♥ moni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Penny, Glad you liked, Have a great weekend also. love and hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Moni, Thank[you for your nice words and for checking out my site. I checked out your site and tried to leave a message, I don't know if It went through. Have a great Day. Warmly Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mexican food and this looks simple enough and delicious!
    Hey, was kind of nice to get a responce on the video (thanks) also for your kind words and feedback.
    Wishing you a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Feel at home and be as transparent as your HEART desires. Be that ray of sunshine in someone's life.