Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Avocado Health Drink" / Getting Healthy

My Dear Readers,
My husband did some research on the internet to find ways of eating healthier. He found this one site called veggiegal.com on Net Flex. She has a video on eating vegetarian, and different recipes and links to other sites with more recipes. We started to check these sites out and have used a couple of her recipes, they are very good.

One of the things that we are doing is eating Ezekiel Bread, (Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread) it is very healthy and has no flour in it. Also, if we have cereal like Raisin Bran, we just use apple juice instead of milk. (It's not bad) We also put a few shakes of cinnamon and ginger into our food or drinks. It is an anti inflammatory, and has helped my husband walk again. At one point he was almost in a wheel-chair.

Since eating very little meat and lots of fruit and veg. We both have lost weight and are healthier.
So I thought I would share this healthy avocado breakfast drink that we got from veggiegal.com We drink it almost every day.

you take a handful of fresh spinach

you then chop it up, and put it in a blender.

you take a quarter size pinch of cilantro, and chop it up, then  put in blender.

you then take a lime, and cut it  into eight pieces

you then fa-lay it (taking out the insides and cutting it up.)  when you put into the blender you add the juice that squirted out.

you take about a fourth of a cumber, and cut it up. add to blender.   We add a little ginger, cayenne, garlic, onion powder, and  sea salt, or regular salt.  I then add a whole ripe avocado.  Spooning it out of the skin.  If you are like me, I leave a touch of it in the skin, so I can eat it!.  I then add about a cup of water and turn the blender on.  You don't need to mix prior to this.   

Our little blender makes almost two full cups.   It is very filling and healthy.  Please let me know if you have tried this and what you thought of this.  Enjoy!
  

4 comments:

  1. This looks nice and creamy. I haven't tried it yet but it is helpful to have the photos and the step by step so I can come back on another day and try the recipe. Hugs.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank's Penny,
    Your such an encourager! I hope you have a great eveing. huggs me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there..(came here through Penny's blog cause she left a link) your cookies look good so I'll go back to get a better look at your recipe.
    I read your story and enjoyed your perspective on Rosh Hashanah. I wrote one too if you care to check it out-
    http://inthepacific.blogspot.com/2011/09/rosh-hashanah-finished-work.html
    I have maybe a couple of avo's left on our tree this year and a few in the fridge that need to be eaten! What a delicious looking recipe and your photos make it extra enticing. Wishing you a pleasent afternoon~

    ReplyDelete

Feel at home and be as transparent as your HEART desires. Be that ray of sunshine in someone's life.