Monday, July 23, 2012

Soda Cake
 Dear Readers, I went to a tupper-ware party the other day, and they made Soda Cake, so I thought I would try it. I was encouraged to put this on my Blog
I took a box of Pillsbury Moist Supreme chocolate cake mix with (1 cup of pudding in the mix.)
I mixed 1 1/2 cup or 12 oz. to the mix.
you do not add eggs or oil.  I was able to put it in the micro-wave, which was very nice,
especially when the heat is about 112 here in the desert.  This is something that needs experimenting.
You can use 1/2 mixture, and make a double cake, or  1/3 less mixture in the pan, to have a little left over for next time.
     One main tip, you should use dark pop with dark cake mix, and light pop with light or vanilla mix. (the cake mix does not have to have pudding in the box.)  
the two main ingredients
12 oz of Dr Pepper and cake mix. 
I stirred in the pop.
It was a thick consistency.
I then put it in to a 8" corning-ware casserole dish.
I placed it in my small micro-wave and put it on for about
10 minutes  This is how it turned out. 
It turned out pretty good, very moist, but was very dense.
not bad for my first time.
I ate the cake with no frosting, you can put whipped cream on it,
 or get a can of frosting, add a little water to it, and make a light glaze over the cake.
So there you have it.

1 comment:

  1. Brenda, the cake looks great! Better yet, it is so simple to make. Thank you for sharing. This is something I will have to try some day. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel at home and be as transparent as your HEART desires. Be that ray of sunshine in someone's life.