Friday, September 2, 2011

"Touched By God"



My Dear Friends,
Yesterday, I was on the bus going to a cleaning job.   I was reading 2nd peter 1...in the living translation.  When I got to the part where Peter repeats what God says, during Jesus transformation, "This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.”   I almost cried, I was hoping in my heart, that I would bring Joy to God also.

This morning I spent some time praying.  Giving the day to the Lord.   My husband got up and so I spent time with him before he left for work.   I was hoping that my friend would call, and spend time with her.

Mean-while I was getting ready to work on creating some earrings, when I felt the Holy Spirit nudge me to read a couple verses in the bible.  So, I  read in 1st Corinthians 6:13, ...Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord and the Lord for the body.   That really touched me.   My body is for the Lord.  I am his temple.   How could I want this temple to have unforgiveness, anger, ect...  How could I walk in the flesh, if I am the temple of the living God.  That really helped me.  I've been dealing with crucifying the old man.   Romans chapter 6 and 8 have been very helpful.  In Romans 8:13, it says, by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body.   It is not the flesh that does this, but the Spirit.

  Here's another part of The Lord for the body, that touched me.   here I am, desiring my friend to call, when right here I have  my Father, who sacrificed his Son, so that I could have a relationship with Him.   How privileged I am, I really felt that God wanted to spend time with me!   I went to the couch and asked God, my Father, to join me.  I brought my Bible and started to talk to Him.  My month old dark calico kitten, joined us.    I mentioned  how neat these baby kittens are, and I sensed that he wanted me to choose this kitten to keep instead of the other calico.   I asked,  "are you sure, this one wines when you pick it up."  I did not want a kitten that wined if I picked it up.   I wanted one of the other two.   Not this one.  I sensed he was telling me, that's why I want you to have this one, because it's more timid.   I also want you to have it, because my heart is for the one that is rejected and not wanted.  Another lesson in His love.

As I was taking all this in, the other two kittens joined us on the couch.  I was watching them play, appreciating God's creation.  I felt that He was saying that he created them, and gave them the ability to jump, play and be loving.   And that just like he created them, he created me, my talents, my compassion.  He was letting me know that he loved me, and that just as I took pleasure in watching the cats, He takes pleasure, (joy,) in watching me.  He was answering my question, do I bring him joy.

So, instead of being with my friend, I was able to be with the God of the universe, my daddy.   He loves me and takes joy in watching me.   I want to leave you with this verse, Psalms139:13-14,  "God, you formed my
inward parts;  You covered me in my mother's womb.   I will praise You,  for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."     That's both you and I.   He formed us, loves us, has a plan for us, and is filled with joy in watching us.   May you be encouraged today!!












1 comment:

  1. A beautiful post, Brenda. I love how God speaks to us in the every day simple things in ways we can understand :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel at home and be as transparent as your HEART desires. Be that ray of sunshine in someone's life.