Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Fortress in Marriage"


Dear Readers,
As I've been continuing reading the book, Destroying Satan's Lies with God's Truth, I've been on the chapter of Principality of Rejection, I came to a part that talks about when your feeling rejected, and your spouse says, “I love you,”rejection says, “No, stay away from me. I refuse to be comforted, I will not allow you to love me.”

As I was reading that, I thought, is that what I'm doing? With all the stuff that has gone on in this marriage, am I allowing my husband to love me? Here, I have been telling him, that he has a fortress around his heart, and that he has anger, bitterness.... But if I'm not receiving what he can show or tell me, then I have a fortress around my heart, and I'm holding on to anger and bitterness. Lately I've been at the point of not wanting to kiss, touch or even have sex.

I realized that If I believed in Jesus, he was supposed to be my fortress, not my issues. I really want to be set free, and be able to receive my husbands love, so at the end of the chapter he said to write a list of ways that we have been rejected, and us rejecting other people. I wrote out the list of the main things that my husband has done or said that I took as rejection, also others. I then wrote the ways I have rejected people and my husband, like not kissing him, wanting him to touch me, all of these things. I then imagined pushing down the four big walls, (the fortress) around my heart. Trusting God, trying to stay soft and vulnerable. I then went through the prayer, and lastly, listened to the Lord, regarding the list.



Would you believe that after an hour of doing this, my walls did come down, and my heart had softened for my husband. I was actually able to go into the bedroom and make love to him.

So my Dear Readers, If you have a fortress around your heart, then I encourage you to push it down, and allow Jesus to be your fortress. Keep your heart soft, pliable, and vulnerable, so you can love and be loved.


1 comment:

  1. HI Brenda, I'm so glad that your walls are coming down. It is not good for any of us to have walls but most important for walls not to exist between husband and wife. The enemy would like nothing better than to separate a husband and wife, as you are stronger together than you are apart. God bless. xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel at home and be as transparent as your HEART desires. Be that ray of sunshine in someone's life.